I'm glad this worked out and we are getting a chance to get the boys out on the field this Summer. Here are a few things I know as of now and will provide additional updates as I learn more:
- Our games are going to be Saturday morning at either 1030 or 11 (still waiting)
- Our first game is this Saturday (7/4)
- Uniforms should be ready this week. I will pick them up and bring them to the first game. Uniforms include a shirt and a hat.
- Players need to bring their own glove, bat and helmet (if you can, put duct tape on helmet with name).
- Our practices are 545pm Monday nights at Compo. I'm confirming with the league if we need a special parking pass given the restrictions on parking this year. I think practices will last 45-60 minutes.
- The town's guidance on Covid related measures is fairly straight fwd. The hardest recommendation is keeping the boys apart in the dugout. Smartest thing we can do to adhere to this is having them sit with their family (parent) when our team is batting. Other measures include keeping anyone sick home, bringing your own hand sanitizer, coaches wear a mask when within 6 ft of kids, no sharing of equipment, etc.
I'm really glad this worked out and we will try to make this as fun/normal as possible for the boys. I know summer schedules will make attenance complicated so please let me know which games you will be missing. Want to make sure we will have enough to field a team.
I'll write more when I learn additional info from the league.
Please let me know if you have any questions and looking forward to seeing all of you out on the field.